ABOUT US

Home - About Us

INSPIRED TO INFLUENCE IMAGINATIONS.....

THE NEED

In today’s schools not enough of our youth have access to quality STEM learning opportunities, such as coding, web-design, and engineering adventures to name a few, and only a few students actually see these disciplines as springboards for their careers. According to the U.S. Dept. of Education 16% of American high school seniors are proficient in Math and interested in a STEM career; this leaves 84% of American students lacking proficiency in Math and uninterested in STEM careers or lacking the knowledge to pursue a career. Children’s race, zip code, or socioeconomic status should never determine their STEM fluency as determined by the U.S. Dept. of Education. All children should be given an equal opportunity to be college and career ready in order to thrive in a modern STEM economy. 

Tiffany Miller

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

Tiffany Miller graduated with a B.S. in Mathematics from Savannah State University in 2008 and is currently working on her M.EDU. at Kennesaw State University in Instructional Technology. Her teaching career started in August of 2008 in Metro Atlanta and she is currently employed by the Dougherty County School System. Her teaching career includes high school and middle school experience. At the onset of her teaching career in Jonesboro GA, she noticed that a majority of high school students lacked basic mathematical skills. Throughout Mrs. Miller tenure teaching 9th grade, she observed an influx of deficits in math as well as a lack of exposure to STEM related activities. Shockingly, she noticed an identical issue during her tenure as a middle school Math teacher. As a result, Mrs. Miller has decided to utilize her expertise to reach a targeted population to enhance the current state of STEM engagement in our youth. This idea has grown into a STEM related after-school and summer program geared toward students in grades 3rd - 9th. In addition, encouraging interests in careers in the field of Science, this program also links school day academic Science and Math with enriched learning in the after-school hours through hands on and project based STEM activities.​

IMG_0530.jpg